Optinly Review: Best Popup & Lead Generation SaaS App

Optinly is a popup builder with loads of features and comes at an affordable price which sets it apart from the other popup tools. Let’s take a look at the features and this refreshing popup tool which I have been finding a very easy-to-use lead capture tool for my lead capture campaigns.

Variety of Popups

The first thing I noticed was the variety of popups available in Optinly, from FOMO intent-based popups to gamification popups like spin the wheel. Here are some popups I played around with while checking out Optinly.

• Full Screen Overlay Popups – It is a straightforward popup as the name suggests; it shows popups that cover the whole screen. Full screen overlay popups would be helpful to display offers and promotional deals.
  • Time Delayed Popups – This one is intuitive. Popups have a terrible reputation mainly because they are thrust onto the user. Still, with time delayed popups, you can set popups to appear after the user has been on your website for a certain amount of time. A tactically placed time delayed popup reduces that annoyance factor, and I recommend this one.
  • Spin the Wheel Popups – Gamification! As I said earlier, this has the spin the wheel popup I have read and know from experience to have high visitor engagement. The bonus is that all aspects of this popup are customizable, from your wheel’s color to the deals, the probability, and whatnot.
  • Exit Intent Popups – Exit intent popups are clever; they appear when the user intends to switch tabs or close the window. I tried using exciting offers as a user wants to leave, and it does what it promises. Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) works like a charm, and I saw more conversions when I experimented with exit intent popups with a limited-time deal on my website.
  • Notification Popups – Notification popups are handy, I tried them for sign-in prompts and similar reminders, and Optinly’s notification popups work like a charm.

Inbuilt Popup Builder With Drag and Drop Tool

Another thing about Optinly is the inbuilt popup builder. And the drag and drop popup build feature makes creating any popup a breeze. You can drag and drop blocks or content. Blocks have a mix of contents like text, so using either of them to build popups gives you total freedom and flexibility to make custom popups to suit your campaign.
Optinly popup builder integrates with Pixabay, a royalty-free image platform, so while creating your popup, you get access to 1 million images you can pick from to set in your popup.

Integration

Optinly can be integrated with popular ESPs, and the list seems to be growing. Here are some popular ESPs that you can integrate with without additional charges.

• CampaignMonitor
  • ConvertKit
  • MailChimp
  • MailerLite
  • SendGrid
  • Sendinblue
  • HubSpot
  • Intercom
  • ActiveCampaign

Pricing

Optinly has a free plan that seems suitable for beginners with limited access to certain features, while its starter plan is at $9 per month and growth plan, which appears to be aimed at larger enterprises, at $25 per month.
Signup Optinly for Free

Optinly In Action

Okay, let’s see how to create a popup. I am creating a sample popup for the purpose of this blog and to show new users the ropes with Optinly. I signed in as I already have an account in Optinly but for new users, the signup and onboarding process is pretty straightforward.
After signing in you have your campaign dashboard and Optinly is showcasing their drag and drop popup builder, which I will touch on in a bit.

Campaign Dashboard

Campaign Intent

It has several menus to see different performance metrics and features, which we will get to in a bit. Now click on create campaign button to get started, you will be prompted to choose the intent for your campaign and its name, as in the below screenshot.

Popup Templates

I decided to create a summer sale popup and put my intent and name accordingly. First I decided to create a campaign from the existing templates. Next, there are the templates from which you can pick the one that best suits you.

Popup Customization

I picked a template that was suitable for my sales campaign, and there are so many features in how you want to display your popup, and I picked the time delay feature. You can also set your popup to display on trigger, inactivity or when the user is about to exit.
Then there are options to choose when you want a repeating visitor or a user who’s signed up, can see your popup again. Quite comprehensive, I must say. I also set the popup to be optimized for desktop, tablet and mobile view. You can see my settings below.

Next, popup customization. This is the original popup that I chose for my campaign.

You can customize the text content of the template, font of the text, the CTA button, and a thank you page where you can either redirect the user to a page or just view the thank you version of the popup. You can also change the color of the font, close the icon while the user is hovering over it, and the background color.

Custom Made Popup With Optinly

As Optiny is integrated with Pixabay, I decided to change the popup image to my liking. After customizing the popup to my satisfaction, I set it live. Here is my popup in action.

Drag and Drop Popup Builder

Drag and drop builder is even easier if you are looking for complete customization, as you can build your popup from scratch. Optinly offers two ways to build your popups, by content and by blocks of content.

Signup Optinly for Free
Just drag and drop the content or blocks as you need and fill out them to create your own popup in a matter of minutes.
Overall, I find Optinly an outstanding lead capturing tool both in performance and pricing. It offers comprehensive solutions while remaining more affordable than popular popup tools.